About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, July 1, 2024

It's July!

 I don't know where the month of June went.  Well actually, I do...............

1.  Trips to St. Peters, MO to work on Sarah's house

2.  FART (fabric acquisition road trip) to Marshall Dry Goods in Batesville, AR with 8 other quilt guild members - absolutely wonderful time!

3.  2 day Quilt Retreat (and I was on the planning committee)

4.  Father's Day!

5.  Gardening.............peas, cucumbers, black raspberries, and sweet corn have already been harvested!

So to catch you up a little, I'll start with Sarah's kitchen remodel.  The countertops were installed and we made a trip so David could hook up the sink, dishwasher, and disposal.  Then her first Menard's rebate came in and she purchased the backsplash tile, so we went back to install that.




Grandpa Barber made a walnut top for the microwave stand and David did the black metal base.  


She purchased a table with 6 chairs at an estate sale.  The table has a butterfly leaf in the middle.  The chair seats needed to be recovered, so we did that as well.  Fortunately, she made the purchase the weekend I was in Arkansas, so I texted photos of the upholstery available (at really cheap prices) and she made her selection.  They turned out very nice.  We also used some stain pens (purchased on 1 of the 3 trips to Menards during the 2 days we were there) to touch up the nicks and scratches.  I think she was pleased with her purchase.  Since she didn't want all 6 chairs in the dining room unless the leaf was out, the other 2 got moved to the living/music room and she moved the lawn chairs that were in there to the back patio and garage.


I also made a quilted fitted cover for her piano keyboard.  She suggested Space fabric and I found some in Arkansas!


All of this happened right before Father's Day.  Here was the card she got her dad.........



She thinks that is very true!

TTFN
Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment