About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Flutterby!

 Our new block lotto block to be working on is a butterfly!  We are hoping to have a kaleidoscope of butterflies at the next guild meeting.  I have 3 more completed to add to these.  I just picked through my batik scrap bin and the black background came from a strip of leftover black binding that was still lying on the cutting table (see, it pays to not put things away!).



And I managed another finish before the meeting on Tuesday............Cats in Space #2 is complete (note the black binding, ergo the scrap above!).  Yes, it was still smoking as I finished binding just after 5 pm.


And I have decided that maybe my wardrobe needs some updating.............




I stopped by my friend, Tiffany's to order some new shirts.  The Harry Potter ones are going to be for Sarah for her birthday but I got them for myself as well.  Do you think she will mind matching with her mom?

We picked blackberries in the rain Tuesday morning.  I could not have been wetter if I had jumped in the lake!  At least the moisture dripping from us wasn't sweat.  It did put a chill in me (imagine, in July!) so sitting in the recliner under a quilt to bind all afternoon was kinda nice!

Tried a new recipe from pinterest last night.  Mini mashed potato puffs.  Yes, I made mashed potatoes in the afternoon for the sole purpose of having them to make these.  I thought if I made these cute little minis we wouldn't eat so many at a time and the recipe said they freeze well.  

Well, freezing won't work.  It made 2 pans, but David went through almost one pan last night.  They were that good.  We had them with steak and sweet corn.  The rest will probably be consumed tonight with some pineapple brauts and more sweet corn.

Have an awesome day!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment