About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Racing to the Finish Line

 I am getting so close to having all my UFO's and even recent starts completed.  I was able to get 2 quilts to the flimsy stage this week even though I had lots of extra "help".  I wasn't sure Esme was going to relinquish this last border.


I finally managed to get her off of it so that it could be added to this quilt called Stars for Carter.  All of the fabrics were part of my $6 bag from an estate sale in St. Charles.  This wasn't even all of the fabric.  Much of it has been gifted to my mom including the scraps from this quilt.  


I even got the backing and binding made for it.  It's hanging in the TBQ closet.  The sewing room seemed to be the "safe place" for everyone this week.  Even Willow sought refuge from the heat outside and from all the noise David was making in the basement installing new flooring.  Cici and Esme were not amused to have her invasion into the sewing room.  I had to be careful where I stepped as she tends to blend into the floor.


Esme was finally able to relax even though Willow was present.


Cici hid in her spot close to the longarm.  Willow doesn't like the longarm because it can make a lot of noise.


And this rainbow scrap quilt is finally a finished flimsy.  It's pressed and hanging in the TBQ closet.  I still need to get the binding and backing together for it.  It's the last of the items on my UFO list to get to the flimsy stage.  I only have 2 left to quilt.


I have to say there are quite a lot of empty project boxes going back into the closet.  I'm going to need to start some things soon!

Christi









No comments:

Post a Comment