About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, July 12, 2024

Butterflies!

More butterflies have joined the rabble!  Did you know that a group of butterflies are known as a rabble, or a flutter, or a flight, or a kaleidoscope?  So I am now up to 5.  The colors were all chosen from my batik scrap bin.  I'm not sure if there will be more or not.  I have moved on to other things....

like bird houses!  I made this quilt from parts of a panel I picked up at a garage sale (the remainder of the panel has been gifted to my Aunt Judy).  The rest is entirely from my scrap bin.  

And remember that snowman block that was trimmed a quarter inch too small?  Well, I now have a cute snowman pillow.

I was planning to enter both of these items in the state fair (birdhouse category and snowman category).  Entries are due next week, and I spent some time today going through the list of categories and the items I have completed this year - or have almost completed - I got 16 items listed correctly on the online entry form, but could never get it to accept my credit card entry payment.  I even called the state fair entry office.  The girl was less than helpful and finally told me I was the only person experiencing this difficulty.  So, I decided to punt the project all together.  Upon conferring with my DH about the amount of time I had already spent just trying to enter, and then the waiting in line to enter items and waiting in line to pick things up, and his comment about how poorly everything is displayed each year, I decided time could be better spent just enjoying working on my projects.  Once the decision was made, it sort of lifted the pressure of trying to finish some things quickly.  Cici thought it was an excellent idea as well and showed her support by lounging in the window seat.


We should all be so relaxed!

Christi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment