About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Quilt Show!

I talked my cousins, Pam and Susie, into going to the Rooster Creek Quilt Show in Holt's Summit last week.   I didn't have to talk too hard to get them to go.  I'd never been to this show before, but was hungry to see some quilts and get some inspiration.

There were many quilts, some well done, some not so much.  But it was definitely fun to see.

Here are some that I took photos of..........

I had never seen a Monopoly board as a quilt before........Fun! 


And someone has been "canning" this summer!


And this was a cute row by row, or row along quilt.


This one appealed to my traditional side.


And the quilting was especially nice on this one.


I liked the quilting on this one too.


This was a Dream Big panel..........actually, more than one panel put together.  I have watched videos of people quilting these, so it was fun to see one in person.


This Halloween quilt was very fun as well.


The Duke was popular as he showed up in more than one quilt.  This was the one I liked best.


And a one block wonder quilt done with the same butterfly panel I quilted for my mom a couple of years ago.


Some brightly pieced butterflies.  I liked how this was set with some plants as part of the blocks.


And this quilt was all thread painting and coloring.  


This was my choice for favorite pieced quilt as you will see from all the photos I have of it.  There were just so many little details in it.


The cat sleeping in the tree and the barn quilt with quilts hanging out on the line......


The cats roasting their "fish"mallows.............



And the cats in the pumpkin were adorable as well.  

It was such a fun day.  We went to the local quilt shop, one I hadn't been to before and then had a late lunch that was delicious.  I was tired when I got home, but still managed to come up with something creative for supper (see, all the quilt inspiration paid off)..........pulled pork nachos with grilled corn and red onion, bbq sauce for salsa, cheese, and sour cream.............delicious!

My cohorts have already asked when the next quilt show is and I know of one in Columbia in September, so we'll probably check it out.  It's also Pam's birthday, so I'll be buying her lunch that day!

Christi



































No comments:

Post a Comment