About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Sweet Times!

 Cousin Brenda and hubby Jeff came to visit this past weekend.  They got to help put sweet corn in the freezer!  (and we wonder why no one comes to visit us!).  We did 57 containers on Saturday.  Of course, we also played lots of cards.  The girls won pitch and the boys won at hand and foot.  And we even played Nurtz!

My cucumbers have been early and plentiful as well.


I've already made some dill pickles.  I may make a few more with the leftover juice and maybe a few sweet pickle spears, but really don't need to do too many as the cabinet is still pretty full of pickles.



David took Jeff and Brenda over to some wild blackberry bushes and they picked a couple quarts to take home.  He and I went this morning early and startled a couple of turkeys who were have a blackberry breakfast.  We got about 5 pints which we will take up to my mom.  

It's gonna be a hot one so I'm planning to spend most of the day sewing/quilting (of course plans can change).  I'll post a quilting update tomorrow!

TTFN

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment