About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy Independence Day!

 


Well this is it!  Your only photo from the day.  I swear I don't know where the day has gone...........ok, a couple of loads of laundry, a trip to Walmart and a trip to Peters Orchard and then time in the kitchen.

I should explain that a trip to our local Walmart right now can sometimes be an all day experience.  They are in the process of moving everything around.  Last week David asked me to pick up command strips on my Walmart run...........can you imagine?  Well first, I was looking for fruit fresh and in normal times this can be a difficult item to find.  But I overheard 2 ladies explaining to a Walmart employee they were looking for Mrs. Wages Salsa mixes.  Well, I went into stalker mode and followed them because I knew fruit fresh would probably be in the same area.  When all 4 of us arrived at the correct spot, I loaded 5 containers of fruit fresh into my cart.  When they questioned how much fruit fresh a person needed to use, I simply said that I was stocking up because I would probably not be able to find it in its new location next time.  Now, back to the command strips.  I went to the location where these could normally be found and well, now we have 2 new pillows on the bed in Sarah's room.  Ok, they weren't on the list, but we had company coming, so new pillows were not a bad item to pick up. and who knows where they might be next time!  Finally with the help of another Walmart employee, we found command strips..........in the middle of the automotive section!  

Today's trip actually wasn't too bad.  I needed a couple of items in the pharmacy and found ONE of them.  The rest of the list came from the produce section and a loaf of bread was needed.  Feeling so successful made me decide we could make the trip to the orchard and pick up some apricots.  We love apricot preserves over smoked cream cheese.  I also picked up some peaches to eat on, some cheese curds, and since the hubster was with me, apple cider donuts made it home with us.

I prepped all the veggies to go on the grill for some grilled corn salsa and after lunch went to work on the deviled eggs I was told to bring to the inlaws this evening and then the preserves.  And I waded into the garden to pick MORE cucumbers.  We had another 1.5" of rain last night and the cucumbers magically appeared again.  So I had enough to finish the dill solution left from the last batch.  And there you have the only photo I took............apricot preserves and dill pickles.  And my goal today was to get finished quilting the snowmen and I haven't even climbed the steps to the sewing room.  Maybe we can just eat supper and then head home early and I can do a little quilting this evening!!!

Happy 4th!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment