About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Happy Independence Day!

 We saw fireworks last night..............




It was quite the show!  We went to some friends from church who have an annual Third of July gathering.........lots of people, lots of great food, and awesome fireworks.  They had all sorts of activities for the kids and even showed an outdoor movie on a big screen.  FUN!


Now I realize it's been TWO WHOLE MONTHS since I have blogged so it's gonna take awhile to catch up.  I apologize for the wait, but have to admit that I spent most of June sick.  I started an ear infection, and then have had some pretty severe allergy issues that resulted in totally losing my voice (yes, pen and paper notes were left for the hubby) and several trips to the doctor.  I have basically been told not to go outside for the rest of the summer...............FROST can't come soon enough for me.  

Speaking of Independence Day, I want to take a minute to send some greetings to Yuliya, our exchange student from Ukraine.  I think she has been having an equally trying summer.  


This is a quilt top I pieced for her using the colors of the Ukranian flag............blue for the skies and golden yellow for the fields of wheat.  It's not quilted yet, but hopefully soon.  It was a free pattern from Laura Piland at Slice of Pi quilts.

And Cici and Esme wanted to show their patriotic spirit by posing with the quilted patriotic decor.  


or sleeping on it as the case may be.


Sarah is here for the week, so we are planning on cooking.  She wants to make fajitas for lunch and we're trying a new recipe for Mexican rice and some white queso dip.  We'll see how it goes.

Happy Independence Day everyone!

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment