About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Trip to the Surgeon

 Yesterday's big adventure was the trip to Columbia to see about the cyst on my left thumb.  I was totally hoping they would just do the job and remove it while I was there (I managed to get the remaining peaches peeled and in the freezer before we left just in case), but I knew that would most likely not be the case.  If I didn't come back for another appointment, how would they be able to charge me again?  I do think I effectively conveyed my annoyance with the cyst and strong desire to be rid of it, so I was able to get on the list for surgery on Aug. 9th.  (If I hadn't seemed so particularly annoyed, it was looking like another month before getting a surgery scheduled.)

I used the time in the car and the waiting room to work on bindings.  (My time is just as valuable as anyone's, so I never worry about leaving little threads through the waiting room and office as I work on something while they make me wait.)

So here are my finishes for the day.............


This is the table topper/runner that I taught at our July guild meeting.  I was wanting to get it finished for show and tell.

And below is the skunk quilt, aka Love Stinks!


Yes there is a twinkle in the eye!  And some custom quilting on the skunks.  This is such a cute quilt.  It was the last thing I needed to finish for the state fair.



And here is the mountain of things I entered in the state fair.............


I am going to have to spend a little time tagging, folding, and packing things up.  We'll see how long that mountain stands.

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment