About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Oopsie! Forgot to blog yesterday!

 I just realized that I never even thought about blogging yesterday.  There is a piano recital this weekend, and with lessons at the church most of the day yesterday and finishing up and delivering a t-shirt quilt to someone, I just never thought about it.  Sorry.

So let's catch up on some quilting, ok?  As of last night, this one is COMPLETE!  Check another UFO off the list!



This pattern is called Beach Cottage and was from a book called Scrap Basket Surprises by Kim Brackett.  It uses 2.5" strips.  I had 2 jelly rolls called Urban Farmhouse Gatherings that I had purchased for a graduation quilt for someone a couple of years ago and then went in a different direction, so decided last summer to use them for this pattern.  The cutting was fun, but the piecing got boring, the same thing over and over in all these muted fabrics.  However when I finally put it together, I loved it.  And then, quilted it was gorgeous.  It was a new quilt design that I hadn't tried before.  


This is the backing fabric.  I did purchase a wide back so there was no piecing in the back.  David really likes this one.


That's the only completely finished quilt, but I do have some progress photos to share...........

This is Criss Cross Kisses made with a fabric line called Happiness Blooms.  I picked up the pattern on our trip to Nebraska in February.  It's currently hanging in the TBQ closet, backing, batting, and binding ready.

I just finished this cute baby quilt top last night.  Sarah needs a baby gift for someone who has a Corgi dog, so this was my interpretation of her ideas for a baby quilt.  The ears gave me a little trouble and all 4 puppies had to undergo ear surgery.  It's next up to be quilted and the backing and binding are ready!


I'm in a small group of quilters from my guild who are working on a Quilt of Valor to present in November.  This is our quilt.  It still needs a navy blue outer border, then it can be quilted.  


And I am still trying to use up panels.  I had this one called Reeling It In.  Last year, I was attracted to churn dash blocks, so made the panel blocks into churn dashes.  Since the original panel blocks weren't square, the churn dashes aren't square either.  I put it away because I had no idea how to set them together.  Since this on the UFO list this year, I have been trying to figure out how to finish it.  I'm thinking the big bobber will be the center and there may be some flying geese on either side with the churn dashes as a border............


And just when you thought you might get a blog post without any 4-legged helpers, Esme puts her thoughts into the design..........

So, now you know what's been happening in the sewing room the last month or so.  

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment