About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Quilting Happens!

After only getting a couple of things quilted in June, I have been trying to make up for lost time in July.  My mom brought a dozen things for me to quilt early in the month and I'm happy to say that they are all finished and were delivered to her on Saturday!  (Of course, she gave me 6 more to do)  I also did a quilt for a neighbor who wants to show it in the state fair in August.  

The same neighbor talked me into entering some things (I came up with 20!), so I did and a couple of them still needed to be quilted.  I'm happy to say that I have done 4 of my own quilts as well.  

The quilting room supervisor was on hand to keep things running smoothly.


This was the first quilt I quilted.  Yeah!  Another UFO finish!  I didn't enter this one in the state fair, but I wanted to have it completed for show and tell at the August guild meeting.  The blocks on the outside were from a panel and we are having a guest presenter at the meeting who is doing a program on panel quilts, so I thought it would be a good time to have this one for show and tell.


Apparently the supervisor needed a change of scenery during the pressing of binding!


And I finished the basketball quilt!  Also know as SLAM DUNK!  I love how this one turned out.  It is going to the state fair and probably the fall quilt show.  Then it will be a graduation gift for one of my piano students.  The backing was made from fleece plaid blankets that I purchased from a sale bin at Menards after Christmas.  It is so heavy, but makes the quilt nice and soft.  And the recipient is into tools, so I love that I can tell him I shopped for part of it at Menards!


And I just got finished quilting the skunk quilt...........
I debated about adding a "twinkle" to the eyes.  I'll let you wait to see the finished quilt to see if the eyes "twinkle" or not.


I had fun working on this one.  It's entered in the state fair and I think will go to the fall quilt show.  I'm still working on the binding.  I hope to get it finished today.  I also quilted a table topper that I want to have for the August meeting, so hope to get the binding finished on it as well.  

I'm headed to Columbia today for an appointment to see about a cyst on my left thumb.  I'm really hoping they do something about it today.  However, if they do, that may slow my binding progress.  I'm planning to take the table topper with me to work on while I wait (and you know I will have to wait).  This is the first doctor's appointment where I had to pay my  copay with my card days in advance of them seeing me.  

David is going too.  We'll have lunch out and do some shopping (by shopping, I mean Sam's Club and Hy-Vee).  It's supposed to be really hot, so a day in the city will be especially fun!

Christi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment