About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Did I get lost?

 I know you probably thought we got lost in the fabric warehouse in Arkansas.  Sorry for the delay in posting.  We were really only gone for 2 days.  Things have just been very busy since we returned.

We arrived at the warehouse in the afternoon and spent some time looking at things.  I did a wholesale purchase of a roll of batting and some bolts of neutrals.  I was also looking at the upholstery fabric so that I could recover the cushion in the window seat which had really faded in the sunshine (it has been there over 10 years, so it was definitely time).  

Here is the first fabric a sent for David's approval............


His response, "Are those marijuana leaves?"  I took that as a NO.  After a few more photos, we finally settled on this one.  And I have to say it was on the bargain table.  The piece I purchased was less than $5 TOTAL!


We went to a fish place for supper that had been recommended by the owner of the warehouse.  He was an interesting guy.  He showed us a new fabric he was designing for quilt backs.  It was gorgeous.  He said it should be ready in 4 months.  

Our hotel wasn't the greatest, but hey, we were saving money to spend on fabric!  We went back to the warehouse the next morning and did a little more damage shopping!  This is what the back of the car looked like when we were finished.  


On the drive back, we stopped and bought watermelons from a roadside stand.  They had come from the boothill.  I can't say I was overly impressed when we cut ours, but it's ok.  I just thought it might be better.  We did learn about the annual watermelon festival that is held every year in Cave City, AR.  They are supposed to have sugar melons that are delicious.  That's on my bucket list for next year, maybe.  A trip to the fabric warehouse on the weekend of the watermelon festival!

When we got home, there was lots to unload and put away.  The first thing I did was to recover the window seat cushion.  I figured, why store the fabric, just use it.  Cici was a little perturbed by the lack of cushion while I worked on it.


But once the new covering was on and the cushion back in place, she was a happy kitty again.  The new cover sort of blends with her fur.


Someone gave us a lot of peaches while I was gone, so I have spent some time working on those.  And we picked 3 gallon of blackberries this past Sunday, so I got those in the freezer as well.  


I have also spent a lot of time quilting.  I finished up the dozen things my mom had left, did a quilt for a neighbor, and a couple of mine.  I have one on the machine I would like to finish quilting today.  I was working on getting the TBQ closet EMPTY!, but a trip to Bethany gave me another load from my mom to work on.

It's still a goal.............and EMPTY TBQ closet.  

I'll catch you up on the quilting in the next post!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment