About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, July 8, 2023

The Quilting Catchup

 Well, I can honestly say that only 2 things got quilted during June............I was on the good meds, the ones that say don't operate heavy machinery, so didn't spend a lot of time with Longarm Lucey.  I did change out her leaders though.  Not a very fun or inspiring task, but am really glad I did it.

The first step was to take photos of the leaders so that we could get them back on the same way.  David was a big help with this project.




I had to sew casings in all of the new leaders for the red snappers too.  Again really glad it's done!

Looking back at the post in May, I had displayed this top which is now all quilted.


This was the Criss Cross Kisses pattern I picked up on our way to Nebraska for the track meet in February.  I really like this one.  This photo doesn't do the colors justice.

And you might remember that I was working on how to get the Reeling It In churn dash blocks to fit into some sort of border for a quilt.  Well, it's all pieced and hanging in the TBQ closet.  It even has a pieced backing.


And speaking of fish, Sarah needed another baby quilt gift for a fish inspired nursery.


This came from my batik scraps.  Each fish is different.  Sarah came up with the scrappy border.  Three fish tried to swim off the quilt, but I caught them on the back.


While I was sick, if I felt like sewing, it had to be something where I didn't have to think too much, but could just follow step by step directions.  I had pulled out this Slam Dunk kit and started working on it.  So whenever I felt like it, I sewed basketballs.


This will be a graduation gift for a piano student who is really into basketball.  I'm so thankful that I had someone to make this quilt for.  It was a lot of fun to make.  I am piecing a backing from polar fleece.  I love the sashing fabric and had a lot of it left.  Nephew Jackson has commissioned a quilt for his bed in his college apartment, so I'm using the rest of the fabric for that.

A recent trip to Hamilton reminded me of the quilts we used to make from a yard and a quarter of a striped fabric.  I found a piece of striped fabric on a sale rack and made this.  


Also saw a quilt that had been made from a layer cake using the large tumbler template, so I put this together. 

So, with a month of almost no quilting, but some piecing, the TBQ closet is once again crammed full.  Especially since my mom just brought 10 things to have quilted.  July is going to need to be a quilting month.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment