About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Tails from the Cutting Table

 Since I'm still waiting on that yard of fabric to come for my pumpkin quilt, I decided it was time to drag out another UFO to work on................



No, it's not a cattails quilt.


Cici likes to make sure I'm really paying attention when I'm cutting fabric.  You have to time your cut just right, in between tail swishes!

I dug out my Village quilt, this one being done in Christmas fabrics.  The background fabric is black with stars, so it's a nighttime village, and every house has a chimney for Santa.


Here are 74 Christmas house blocks.............only need 58 more to reach the required number of 132!


The blocks are really fun to sew together.  The struggle is the cutting, and not just because of Cici's tail.  I have this huge tub of Christmas fabrics and when I pull them all out onto the cutting table, it just gets overwhelming.  You can even see that I have stacked some of the larger pieces on a different table by the sewing machine.  I'm trying to use up the small scraps and leave the larger pieces.  But the scraps just seem to be multiplying!  


You may remember my first Village quilt..............I didn't make as many houses as the pattern said, and added some tree blocks into it and a pieced border.  That quilt has now been gifted to a cousin in Minnesota.

I also prepped the binding for a couple of things and the backing for the Quadrangle quilt to piece while I'm waiting on fabric to arrive.

Oh, and somehow, I forgot this Halloween wall hanging...................  Stack of Jacks!


It will go back to the quilt show this year as it won the viewer's choice for small quilts 2 years ago.

It's piano day.  Three down, eight to go!  Music is in the air!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment