About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Annual Corn Field Date Night

 We had our annual date night visiting all the cornfields last night.  No, we didn't let Willow drive.  I can still remember doing this with her last year, and I could easily carry her and plop her on the tailgate of the truck while we counted kernels and shelled corn to test the moisture.  This year, she ran wild through all the fields.



Willow was thrilled with the whole experience.  The hubs was happy with the lower than expected moisture content, but a little disappointed in the size of the ears of corn.  He also showed me the 5 gallon bucket of ears of corn that Willow has harvested.  He's been collecting them to run through the combine............every kernel counts!


Willow had been disappointed with me on Tuesday because I went directly from work to the quilt guild work day and meeting.  No play time for Willow!  We were working on items for our bazaar at the quilt show in Arrow Rock in October.  I was able to finish 3 sets of coasters and about 15 hot pad/trivets (with a little help from my friend Pam).  

I didn't have anything for Show and Tell at the meeting, but several others did.  This is Karen's X quilt.

And her table runner from Kansas Troubles fabrics.

 
And another from Karen...........

This is Carol's snowflake quilt.......


And a quilt panel she picked up on her trip to Kenya.  The back has a fuzzy animal print.


Beth showed this bright panel she had done...........


Mary shared her Flock Together quilt......


And her Bull's Eye quilt............


And this was Georganne's Winter wall hanging which still needed the binding.  It's a wool applique.


I'm hoping to spend a little time at the longarm today...........before piano lessons start.  We're looking forward to the weekend.  A football game in Iowa a show at the New Theatre are on the agenda.  Then corn harvest will start in earnest on Monday.  Last year, I carried Willow with me into the combine for a ride.  That definitely won't be happening this year.  She loves to ride though, so Porky, one of the truck drivers, may have to adopt her as a riding companion.  We'll see how it goes.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment