About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, September 13, 2021

Gone About as Fur as I Could Go

 Friday Night Lights...............Greene County Rams Football on my TV!  Cici and I were settling in to watch the third game of the season this past Friday evening.  Jackson's team was 1-1, having lost by 2 in overtime the first game and then a big 63-0 (yes, that was the score and every kid played all the way down to the freshmen) victory for the second game.  Here you can see the cheerleaders on the field waiting to welcome the team.

It was another win for the Rams.  I spent the evening sewing on Lizzy, my 201 in the basement.  She makes such a nice stitch and is so smooth and quiet, that it's easy to sew while watching tv.

My Friday Night Lights Quilt this year is a pumpkin quilt from the most recent Quiltmaker Magazine.  I had a fat quarter bundle of Pumpkins and Blossoms fabric that I couldn't wait to break into.  Since the first game went into over time, I got lots done.  We had made a trip to my favorite and closest fabric store on a Wednesday about a week and a half ago so that I could get the fabric I needed to work on the pieced borders, binding, and backing.  I'm sad to say that the experience was not the greatest.  Neither myself nor my neighbor, Karen who went with me were treated very well.  It's a long story, and the little things that bothered me kept piling up, so the gist of the story is that the next day when I went to cut the fabric so that I would have more to sew on during the game on Friday evening, I discovered that instead of the 1 and 3/4 yards of fabric I had asked for, I was only given 3/4 of a yard.  So, I called the store and talked to the owner (neither of the owners had been there when we were treated badly on Wednesday) and she pulled the bolt and promised to cut another yard and get it in the mail to me.  I proceeded to cut the fabric I had so that I would have something to work on during the game the next evening.  So, I expected to receive my fabric in the mail the next week, but when Friday rolled around and I checked the mailbox, it still wasn't here.  I called the store again and asked if it had been mailed, and the owner admitted that it was still sitting there (over a week since my call) and hadn't even been cut yet.  So, just like the phrase in the song "Kansas City" from the musical, OKLAHOMA!, I've Gone About as Fur as I can Go on this project.


You can see the pumpkin center is done and I have half of the strips cut for the border, the corner star blocks are done, and about half of the flying geese for the border are done.  The only other things I could do would be to make the binding and piece the backing, which definitely wouldn't take a whole football game to do.

So, in the meantime, I did finish piecing the Quadrangle Quilt.  This was part of Sew Sweet's Jelly Roll Quilting project back in the summer.  It was a free pattern.  I have the borders cut and just need to measure them and add them and it's ready to go to the TBQ closet.  I'll admit this one took me awhile because I got a little bored with the blocks.  I gave the pattern to my mom and she has made about 5 of these already when I took forever to get one done ........no exaggeration, well, definitely 4....... and they are all quilted and completed.  I even quilted one of them for her.


This is one that I think I will like better once it's quilted.  I have the prettiest backing fabric for it too.

And when I came up the basement steps from sewing, Watchful Willow was sitting in the doorway with her teddy bear.  This was her way of keeping tabs on me in the basement and David in the living room at the same time.  


I would say that she was just being a very good guard dog, but the teddy bear in the photo kinda disproves that.  She really just didn't want to miss out on anything.

Hopefully my fabric will arrive this week.  Not that it really matters too much since we are going to go see the game in person this weekend.  But still, I would like to know that I have the fabric to finish it.  And as to quilting, the quilting on Flea Market Mix did get started.  However, I have been reading the James Patterson/Bill Clinton book The President's Daughter, and have gotten so engrossed in it that I did no more quilting on Sunday.  Of course, there was also a Chief's game to watch.

It's gonna be a busy week with little sewing or quilting in the forecast.  

Christi



No comments:

Post a Comment