About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Harvest!

We got home late Saturday afternoon, and Willow was thrilled to see us.  


Cici was thrilled to see that Willow was being made to stay outside since she had dirty paws!



On Saturday, we attended a performance of Menopause, the Musical at the New Theatre.  It was hysterically funny.  This was my selfie before the start of the performance.  It's a dinner theatre and the food was delicious.  



On Monday, Willow's world came crashing down with the start of harvest.  Suddenly, her natural fence was gone as was her supply of corn stalks to bring up to the deck with ears of corn to chew on.  



I took a combine ride after work.  Last year, Willow rode with us.  This year David proclaimed there wasn't room in the cab of the combine for all 3 of us.  The harvest was difficult on her.  She moped on the window seat after I got home from work, gazing out at the empty field.  Where did all her corn go?



 It may take her a few days to recover and get used to her new world.  So sad.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment