About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Graduation Day 2020 - Finally!

Sarah finally got to graduate from college!  We traveled to Rolla - I don't miss that winding curving drive - on Friday evening, July 30th and spent the night so that we could arrive at the campus by 8 am for the 9 am ceremony on Saturday.


She was limited to 4 guests, so my cousins Pam and Susie drove down to witness the event with us.



Masks were required, but at least we finally got to do it.




And you can see by the empty seats just how few grads came back to walk across the stage.




I tried to get her to High Five St. Patrick, but she was getting tired of all the hoopla.



I was lucky to get the photos I did with some actual smiles.



 It was a quick 24 hours as we were hurrying to get back home since David had new little pigs to take care of.  

And sometime during late July and early August, I finished this quilt top...........


This is Edyta Sitar's mystery quilt, from Laundry Basket Quilts.  I had the center done, but those stars around the border seemed to take forever.  


And, of course, here is your photo of Cici........guarding the sewing room from the top step.


I love driving up our long driveway now.  The corn is so tall on both sides........it's like my very own Spirit Tunnel!  Of course, it's turned a lot browner now than when these photos were taken.  The hubs says it will still probably be the first of October before combining starts, if Willow doesn't have it all taken care of that is!  She and I have been walking the drive more frequently as the temps have cooled down.  



I'm sure she's spending some time napping today as she must be exhausted from all the barking last night.  A small possum had gotten caught in the coon trap, and Willow had to do her part by barking at it.  

I survived the grocery shopping yesterday.  You know your list is too long if you have to take a bathroom break about halfway through the grocery aisles.  Amazingly enough I was able to get all but one thing on my list........and of course, I but multiples of the things on my list because you never know what might be missing the next time.  

Sarah made it back to St. Louis safely, but still no internet.  She has had an interesting morning.  She had to pick her cousin Jacob up early as his car had died in the seminary library parking lot.  So, she got to work in the library for awhile, then had to report to the lobby of her office to pick up a rapid covid test, shirt, hat, and mask for the golf clinic she is volunteering at on Thursday.  She then headed to the public library to work and try to take her covid test.  Apparently it's quite the deal..........you have to get online, and then there is a wait, you can't even open the test until your turn comes up.  She hasn't been successful yet, but has to get it done and uploaded by tonight.  

I'm expecting a call this evening, probably a video call, so that I can tell her how to alter her mask to make it fit, and then, the shirt - they gave her a medium.  I'm sure it will swallow her.  She has a sewing machine there, but I can't imagine trying to give her enough instruction to sew the sides up a little to make it smaller.  It could be an interesting phone call!

Doing some house cleaning tonight as piano starts tomorrow.  I have 11 lessons tomorrow.  Surely I will remember how to play the piano after that many lessons!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment