About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Pets and Some (little) Quilting



I have been telling the Hubster for awhile now that Cici needs a friend - NOT Willow, but a feline friend.  He kept saying that she wouldn't like sharing with another cat, but these photos that were snapped by Sarah when she and her cat Dory were home last week would beg to differ. 
 

They also had several playful romps through the house............totally different than when Cici come streaking into the bedroom and hides under the bed while Willow bounds in after her and jumps on the bed.  


We're still pondering the situation.............well, one of is.

I really have no explanation for this next series of photos.............Just Willow being Willow, I guess.


Not modest is she?




She stayed that way quite awhile while I snapped pics.


Last month at quilt guild, I took the Tuit.  It's supposed to help you get A Round To It on something.  I can't say that it has worked too well for me this month.  One thing I did accomplish was to empty the scrap bin on the cutting table.  All scraps were cut down to useful sizes and put away where they belonged.  


I have had the backing and batting on Lucey the longarm for over a week.  Today, I finally got the top on.  I have had this quilt in the closet for well over a year.  It's time to get it quilted.  After all, it is in fall colors.  This quilt is called Flea Market Mix and I think it will be the perfect quilt to try out lots of different quilting designs.  

 
I have started a few other fall-ish projects as well.  The top one is a table runner called "The Sky is Falling".  It is rather large for a table runner, but very cute.  I didn't even put the final border of background fabric on it.  I still need a backing, but would like to get this quilted soon.  


Below it is a piano runner I would like to get quilted to put on the piano for fall.  My Aunt Judy gave me the 3 gold colored blocks.  They are batik fabrics.  I dug through my batik tub and made the other blocks to put with them.  I have backing, so it shouldn't take long to do once I get it loaded onto Lucey.

Other projects are in the works, in various stages.  I will have some sewing time tomorrow evening while I listen to Jackson's football game.  

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment