About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, September 27, 2021

Good Morning and Happy Birthday!

 First off, I want to say Happy Birthday to my cousin, Pam, an avid reader of my blog!  She thinks that the unprecedented number of blogs this month was her birthday gift and I'm just going to go on letting her think that.  (Actually, I made a Labor Day Resolution which is sort of like a New Year's resolution but made on Labor Day, to exercise more, eat less, and blog more.  So, 1 out of 3 ain't bad!  We'll try a Columbus Day Resolution on the other two and if that doesn't work, there's always Veterans Day.)


So, Pam, here is your birthday smile from Willow!

The big news from the quilting room is that my guild CHALLENGE project is finished!!!  It's a good thing because it is due at next week's meeting.  I can't show you a picture until after that.  BUT, I also finally got this project off the longarm last night.  


Yes, Flea Market Mix had been residing there for a month!  I was using it to try out lots of different quilt designs, so I spent in inordinate amount of time thinking about and planning each block.  Here are some close-ups..........






And I love looking at the back!  You can really see all of the quilting designs.  There are mistakes, but none you can see from a galloping horse, so I'm just not going to worry about them.  I do have to say that I am looking forward to loading something and just doing an all over edge to edge pattern again.  I plan to get the binding (scrappy) started this evening.

And for those who are wondering how harvest is going, well, the hubster took a spill off the combine last Wednesday while cleaning the windshield.  I'm not going to enlarge these photos because I know he doesn't want me to show them.  (I'm only doing it because I know he's too busy to read my blog right now.)  So this was last Wednesday.


And this was this morning............

Oh, and the tractor used to pull the grain cart broke down.  I was informed that it was MY tractor.  Notice how it's only my tractor when it's broke down?

And Willow is slowly recovering from the shock of her cornfield being gone........get it?  Shock of Cornfield?  Too Corny for you?  


She even got a bath yesterday to get the smell of cornstalks out of her fur.  Here she is sunbathing afterwards.  


Pretty sure she turned over halfway through to get things evenly done.

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment