About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Some progress

 My binding companion was a ready helper Sunday afternoon as we worked our way around another quilt. 



I was able to get the binding on this quilt.  The pattern was from a Missouri Star Triple Play video and it was called Mountain Magic.  They were showing different ways to use the equilateral triangle, and I just had to try this one.  You take a panel and cut triangles from it and then from your accent fabrics.  I had never done anything with an equilateral triangle.  It went together pretty easily.  

Then it hung in the closet for awhile while I contemplated the quilting.  I was going to try some sort of custom design for triangles, but everything I came up with was too curly or girly for this outdoorsy panel.  I finally settled on an edge to edge pattern called West Winds.  I think it gives it a nice motion and I'm really happy with it.  I've been trying more custom quilting especially after a member at our last guild meeting basically said that she didn't think it was really quilting if the quilting wasn't specific to each block of fabric in the quilt.......meaning she didn't like edge to edge quilting.  I think there is room for all styles and certain quilts lend themselves to one or the other.  This one was just meant to be West Winds all over it.

The backing featured a fabric that looked like the grasses you would find in the woods like the panel.  It was a really nice quality fabric.  I have no idea what I will do with the scrap that is left.  Also, still thinking about a name for this quilt.

The big news is IT RAINED!!!!!  Willow was so hoping for enough rain to make some mud to play in, but that hasn't happened..........yet!  You can see she's waiting patiently for this to happen.  We also picked about 3 gallon of blackberries when I got home from work yesterday.  David fixed some delicious steaks on the grill and sweet corn to go with the potatoes I had in the oven while I washed and bagged blackberries for the freezer.  

Managed to get all the laundry done except for a load of towels in the dryer this morning before work, which leaves baking some cookies on the agenda for this evening and working on a quilt binding, of course!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment