About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy Independence Day!

 We'll take a break from the vacation photos and celebrate the holiday with some photos of my patriotic quilting.............




Photo bomber above...........



I'll be continuing this theme today while quilting a small red, white, and blue quilt for one of my piano students as her 4-H project.  I know you've been wondering if I have been spending anytime at all in the sewing room, and I have.  Between Mother's Day and Memorial Day, I quilted 8 things for my mom, and have since quilted 5 more things for her.  I have quilted a couple of table runners for a friend, and she has me lined up for a couple more small items soon, I helped a 4-Her quilt a quilt for the fair.......even showed her how to put the binding on with the longarm, and a quilted a couple of small things for myself.  I'll show those items later.  

Bonnie Hunter announced her new leader/ender project for 2022-23 yesterday and she must have been peeking into my sewing room!  


The first step is 4-patches from 1.5" squares..............and I already have 360 of them made!  Yeah!  I had no plan for these, had just been keeping some by the machine and adding to the pile of squares when I processed scraps.  But Yippee!  I am so far ahead of the game here and that doesn't happen often in the sewing room.

My hammock sleeper is back.  I had been leaving tin foil on the longarm at night if I left a quilt on the machine and that had deterred Esme from sleeping in the hammock.  However, this past week she resumed her old ways and played with the tin foil and then slept on the batting that was draped over the rail.  Since it was only attached on one side, I figured it would just drop her through to the floor, but apparently she doesn't weigh enough for that to happen.  It would have worked on Cici though.  


Esme tried to convince me it wasn't her, but I had the evidence (lint roller and the color and length of the hair).


She tried to get back in my good graces by being cute and cuddly at my feet while I was cutting fabric for a new quilt pattern I picked up on vacation.


Here is the cutting table ready to cut that project.  I have the blocks pieced and am working on sewing them together.  Photos to come.

After I get the 4-H project quilted today, my TBQ closet will only have MY quilts hanging there to be quilted.  This is the first project up.  I'm using it as a practice for a large version of the same pattern in the same colorway.  I won a layer cake - not my normal colors - so put together a large version of this and had enough pieces to make a smaller version.  I even have a quilting PLAN for this one!


We will have a quiet Independence Day as we did our celebrating yesterday and last night.  We attended the Lyceum for a performance of Jersey Boys in the afternoon with some friends and followed that with a cookout and fireworks.  David and helpers are already in the hog barn this morning weighing 600 pigs individually.  I'll take them some burgers for lunch.  I need to check on the garden.  I have been getting 3-4 cucumbers a day and will hopefully have some peas ready to pick soon.  

Cici will be keeping vigil in Sarah's room during all quilting endeavors as always.  

And Esme, who knows what is going on in her mind...........


Willow will be holding down the floor on the back porch as it is supposed to be another hot one today and she'll appreciate the cool floor.


Hope you have a lovely day however you are celebrating!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment