About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Back to Quilting

 Well, it's time to catch up on some things happening in the sewing room.    I had noticed Esme standing on the floor trying to peer out this second story window, so when I mentioned it to the hubby, he devised this nice cat resting shelf for the window.  It's right behind my cutting table, so she can stay close if she wants to.  It's covered with a piece of flannel fabric.  So far, she hasn't spent much time there, but I have a feeling that may change when it cools off and it's not so hot being next to the window.  The hubster also installed a new light over my long arm machine.  That has made it much brighter.............sorry, no photos.  It's just a basic light but it makes a difference!



So I have spent some time quilting for MYSELF!  I actually finished piecing this one, cut a batting and backing, and took it straight to the long arm.  This is on my UFO list, so it will be nice to show it and get it scratched off.  It was Bonnie Hunter's leader/ender challenge from last year.  


It's made totally from scraps and I set it together with blue cornerstones and binding, so used this cute blue polka dot for the back.  It was quilted in an all over pattern called West Winds.  I'm really happy with it.

I also quilted this Moda Love Layer Cake quilt that was made from a layer cake that I won from Sew Sweet quilt shop.  I did custom quilting on this one.  

This is not my usual color profile, but I did find some backing to go with it.  I really like this one as well.


I took the leftovers from the same layer cake and made this smaller version of the same pattern.  It will make a nice baby quilt.  I did custom quilting on it as well.  I actually quilted it before the large version to practice some designs.  

It has a different backing, but the quilts share the same binding.  I was excited to use up all but 2 half square triangles from the layer cake and all but a short strip of the fabric used for binding.  I do have some of each backing piece left.


I have also quilted 2 other quilts, but don't have the bindings on them yet.  My binding helper is telling me I better get to work and get those 2 finished as well.

I picked up a new table runner pattern at Sew Sweet and worked on piecing it yesterday.  I just love a cat in a bow tie!


Esme was not as impressed with the bow tie kitties.


Well, I better get back to the binding!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment