About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, January 29, 2024

Updates - The Good and The Bad

 In looking back at last Monday's post, I was having such a good day.  We were have an ice storm, so no piano lessons, and a whole day in the sewing room!  I had a baby quilt loaded to quilt and something went wrong with the design............my circles were definitely not circles.  It was decided that the best thing to do was unload it and pick out just over a row of quilting - at least it was a baby quilt size!  So the afternoon was spent updating my tablet.  Windows took a few hours to update, and then I had to do the update to my quilting program and go through all the setup steps on that again.  That took the whole afternoon.  At least while I was waiting for it to update, I worked on a long overdue project and covered a cushion for my piano bench.  I had purchased the foam for this project and then had stored it in the closet for almost 2 years.  After all the updates, I loaded a couple of pieces of fabric and just quilted all evening making sure everything was ok.  It was!

So then I loaded Harriett's Braid............


I figured that if there were mistakes, they would be less likely to show in this one.  It turned out beautifully.  And here is the quilting on the back............you may have to zoom in more to see it.


I finished the binding during the Chief's win last night.  I also finished the binding on the baby quilt, but am going to add something to it before posting a photo.  When I reloaded it (after a few days of picking out stitches) and quilted it, I was almost finished at the bottom when something snagged which tore a whole in both the top and the back.  I've thought of a way to cover that so will post pics when it's done.

My other big quilting projects for the week were 16 table runners for my mom.  I requested that she use one big piece of backing so that I would only have to load it one time.  


It made quite the roll on the longarm.  I was cleaning out closets and found this tube and just rolled them off the longarm onto it.  I used a different design on each one, so it was fun to try different things.  Mom has a lot of binding ahead of her.

I'm still plugging away at the Bonnie Hunter mystery - Indigo Way..........


Esme was helping me count blocks to see if I was anywhere close to done.  All of the counting wore her out..............



But, after counting and sewing the ones that were cut, there were enough of each kind of block to lay it out on the floor in Sarah's room.  There's a lot to this layout and it will take awhile to sew together, so I closed the door to avoid any block surfing by the cats.  They are pretty put out by this development.


Esme did hang out on the back of the couch while I was binding last night.............


I just flipped my phone up a couple of times to get her picture.
It's a rough job, but someone has to supervise!

Well it took all day to get this post done plus 3 loads of laundry, bathroom cleaning, kitchen floor sweeping, six piano lessons and a trip to town.  

Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment