About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!

 Welcome 2024!  I'm going to try to be more diligent about blogging this year (New Year's Resolution #1).  We saw the New Year in at a card party with friends.  We enjoyed good food and played pitch.  I was the low scoring woman, so received a prize!

Speaking of playing cards, I recently figured out how to make card holders with the help of a tutorial online.  I used a couple of old CDs, some batting scraps and a couple of buttons.  I made 3 (all the old CDs I could find at the time) and have gifted 2 of them to cousins and am saving one for my dad.


I have spent the last few days cleaning, painting, taking down Christmas decs, and working in my sewing room.  I went into 2023 with 20 UFO's and I completed 19 of them.  I made a new list for 2024 which amazingly had 20 items until I did a little more digging and organizing and came up with a couple more.  So I am starting 2024 with 22 UFO's in the sewing room.  

Here is the list...........

Double Four Patch

Harriett's Pioneer Braid

Log Cabin

Christmas Dauphin Island

Solstice

Circle of Nines Farm Panel

Vintage Christmas

Four Patches

Star Trails

Mr. Snow SAL

Indigo Way

Two X Five

Baby Moda Love Charm

Fab Farm 1

Fab Farm 2

Fab Farm 3

Happiness Blooms Tiny Blocks

Space Cats Scraps

Log Cabin Scraps

Farm Panel Blocks

Little Christmas Squares

Christmas Tree Leftovers

The Double Four Patch at the top of the page is the leftover from the 2023 list.  Five are ready to quilt, two are quilted and awaiting binding, and the rest are started in some form or another.  Wouldn't it be amazing to get them all done this year!  I come really close every year, but have never totally completed the list.  Of course the list of ideas for new quilts is endless and always growing, so I'm sure I'll never be without UFO's.  

Just prior to Christmas, I completed this little snowman wall hanging...........using a bunch of scrap!  The background fabrics were already sewn together from a project my mom had done and she had "gifted" me her scraps - even the binding strips were already made!  I just trimmed the background to the size I wanted and took the chenille bedspread scraps and cut circles (using a variety of dishes from the kitchen) and machine zigzagged around them, did a little free motion quilting and it was done!  The most difficult thing was finding the right size buttons for the embellishments!  My mom wanted to sell it at her craft show, but the hubster said NO.  So Mr. Snowman is still hanging at our house.  


Well, the New Year is off to a good start!  I've given myself a facial, changed the toothbrush head on my toothbrush and put in new batteries, there are leftovers in the frig for lunch, laundry is done, we're going to friends for supper, so I guess that means it's time to head to the sewing room!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment