About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The Deep Freeze! and 2024 Goals!

The cold came and is still here.  Schools have been closed as have most of my activities and I've barely been out of the house.  Willow finally decided to spend one night IN her luxury carpeted and heated dog house.


 Yes, she even has a quilt!  We've only seen her in there one night through all this cold. 

 I have been seeing piano students and have spent a lot of time quilting.  This log cabin - a UFO - got completed last night.

I love how it turned out.  I like log cabin blocks and I really enjoy twisting and turning them to create different patterns.  So that's 4 finished UFO's!

I also got Harriett's Braid to a finished flimsy.  This took forever because of the partial seams.  It's totally from scraps.

I'll never make this one again.  

And with Esme's help, I took the leftover half square triangles from the Vintage Christmas quilt and made Christmas tree blocks and put them in a long table runner.



She approves this use of scraps!  I finished the table runner last night and just need to find backing and batting for it and clean up the cutting table.  I'll probably throw something on the longarm today so that I can get back to quilting.  

I realize that I have never blogged about my 2024 goals and January is halfway over.  So here they are:

1.  Try to blog at least twice a week - so far, so good on this one!
2.  Work on using the stash of strips and squares that are already cut  and turning them into quilts.
3.  I made a list of all the pieces of wide backings I have and I want to make quilts to fit them.  (so far, I have used the smallest one to recover my ironing board and I have one for the back of Harriett's Braid).
4.  Try making blocks with curves like drunkard's path.
5.  Quilt more for other people.

And of course, I'm working on that list of UFO's!

So that is the update from snowy cold mid MO!

Christi




No comments:

Post a Comment