About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Mystery Quilting!

I started Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery quilt on Black Friday.  I had sworn off doing these for the past few years, but decided to give it another try this year.  She releases a clue every Friday starting on Black Friday.  I did good and got the first clue finished before the first week was over.  It went down hill after that.  By the time the fifth clue was released, I was mired down in clue 3 (which involved 640 pieces!).  I have been pushing through though.  I had clues 1-4 complete, had skipped over clue 5 and had clue 6 cut when Bonnie suddenly dropped another clue YESTERDAY!  So I skipped ahead to work on clue 7.  The total piece count for clues 1-7 is 2532!   I had lots of help yesterday.


Esme helped read the instructions from my tablet.  Then she lent a paw for cutting the red strips.


She started to grow weary of "seeing red" so took the opportunity to rest a little while still keeping her paw on the fabric.


Eventually she just threw her whole body into the job!


Since I know Bonnie is going on a trip next week, I'm expecting some rapid fire clues to be released this week before she leaves.  

The last of the paint job is complete and drying.  I still need to wash the Christmas quilts and put them away.  End of the year bookkeeping awaits!  

We went to friends house to have supper - a delicious butternut squash soup - and play games last night.  We learned progressive spades.  I had the high score of the night (unlike being the low score the night before at the pitch tables).  Unfortunately, this was a game like golf - low score wins!  

Pretty sure I ran a fever in the night and have lots of sinus drainage which is making my throat sore.  Paint fumes are probably a contributing factor to the sinus issues.  Anyway, after being out the last 2 nights (don't we sound like party animals?), a nap is inevitable today...........maybe as soon as I make this post!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment