About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Bring on the Cold!

 The hubster announced at bedtime last night that "we" would be putting the heated mattress pad back on the bed today.  The "he" part of "we" did just that first thing this morning.  The "me" part of "we" has washed the sheets and remade the bed.  We are expecting frigid temps all through the weekend and more snow.  

This guy seems to be all prepared with his exceptional coat of fur............


David caught Charlie, one of my Covid 2020 kitties who lives outside in the woods and sneaks into the yard at night to eat.  Willow has successfully banished Wicket, Charlie, and Boots to the perimeter of the yard.  We don't know exactly where they nest, but judging by the coat of hair on this guy and his weight (which I estimated at 20-25lbs), they are doing ok.  He didn't even need much brushing  


He curled into my arms as best he could based on his size.  He purred and snuggled for the longest time.


We even watched a little TV together.  Esme was not impressed.

He eventually went back outside.  

With the snow and cold coming, I predict more sewing for the weekend.  And maybe some baking.  After all, it would help keep the house warm.  I am sick of working on the Bonnie Hunter mystery so have put it in time out.  I'm also putting away the Star Trails quilt for awhile and will dig out something else to work on..............maybe Harriett's Braid.  And I may throw something on the longarm to quilt.

Everyone try to stay warm and safe!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment