About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!


It's 2018!  I took down the old cat calendar and put this one up this morning.  Then was removing my 2017 quilt calendar and realized it had a whole special back section with the patterns for all of the quilts in the photos each month!  Bonus!!!


The Christmas decorations have been stored for another year and we are looking onward to 2018!  Everyone is happy about the "clean" look of the house except the cats.
They are missing all the extra "toys" to play with.

Time spent in the sewing room the last few days yielded empty scrap baskets!
All those scraps accumulated this past year have been cut into usable sizes and stored in marked plastic bins.  The Hubs and DD got in on helping with this project.  As I was explaining that some of the tubs were getting really full and they would need to squeeze everything in carefully, DD replied that perhaps I should use up the strips and squares I already have before cutting more!  And here I thought I was doing a good thing by cutting up all those scraps into usable sizes!

Of course, empty baskets mean more places for Cici to play...........

See, everyone loves empty scrap baskets!



I have also been working on Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt.  She did the big reveal this morning and I have a ways to go before this one is done.  For those keeping track, I calculate there will be 3,339 pieces in this quilt.  I only have 3,224 of them cut and not all of them are sewn together yet.

I did work to get all the borders sewn on the Old Tobacco Road quilt.  
I have the batting and backing cut for it and it's ready to go be quilted!  Can't wait to get it done.  It's definitely a keeper!

So, with the beginning of the New Year comes resolutions.  My quilt room resolution is to not let baskets of fabric accumulate to be cut up all at once...........I will cut those scraps up as I go this year (at least for a little while!).

And my other resolution is to try to blog more frequently in 2018!  Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment