About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Interloper

I don't know if anyone remembers the short story "The Interlopers" by Saki (yes, I was an English teacher), but 2 men get trapped while hunting on a piece of land they both believe is theirs.........there has been a big dispute over this land.  While waiting in the snow to be found by members of their families, they continue the argument.  Finally, they are found - by wolves..........the moral makes you question who the true interlopers are.  Anyway, I have been thinking about this in regard to Jason 2.0.  I'm sure Cici believes he is the interloper as do I much of the time.  We are about ready for the wolves to find him.

He found his way inside the washing machine this week.

He is constantly after Cici.  I think the only places he hasn't wormed his way into are the top of her cat castle and the top of the cutting table..........but he gets ever closer!

You can see that Cici is trying to protect block #1 of my Seeing Stars quilt.

Unlike Cici, he doesn't mind being shut in the bathroom.  In fact, there are times he sleeps on the bathmat at night.  I have started shutting him in during my shower in the morning to allow Cici some piece and quiet and a chance to eat and drink her breakfast without him bothering her.  It's like his own personal sauna.  He stretches out and enjoys all the steam.  

I spent yesterday with my neighbor Karen doing some fabric shopping in Hamilton at Missouri Star.  She got fabric for 5 projects and I got fabric to set together some of the old quilt blocks I have.  It was a fun day.  We stopped in Chillicothe at Cuts 'n Bolts on the way home and I dropped off my Christmas rail fence leader/ender quilt to be quilted.  While we were there we found this really cool FFA fabric panel and fabric...........


I'm having a little difficulty getting much sewing done right now as the Hubs is working on one end of my sewing room.  The "lovely" jungle green walls with blue sky/clouds are going.  It will just be painted white.  Some of the walls need a little repair, so it's more than just a simple paint job.  

He has been getting lots of "help" from Jason and Cici.  Note the box stuck in the wall where the cold air return vent is.............this was to keep Jason from getting in the vent and falling from the upstairs to the basement!  

All of my fabric has been covered to protect it from debris, Lucy the 201 has been moved over to the end with the other machines, and everything is very crowded.  

I'm planning to set up shop in the basement with Bunny to do some sewing this coming week.  We were considering painting her cabinet, but have decided against it.  The sewing surface is so nice and smooth that I decided to just overlook the other dings and scratches and leave her as is.

Cici has made her feel welcome by biting her thread just like all the other machines.

Today is sewing day with my guild at Smith Chapel, so I won't be in the way here.  Jason 2.0 is in a time-out.  He finds himself shut in the basement for the morning.  He also spent some time outside on the deck this morning.  When I opened the door to let him back in, he fell inside having been plastered to the back door.  All of the outside cats were sitting in a semicircle staring at him.  Maybe his behavior will improve with the threat of becoming an outside cat.  I'm hoping it's just a stage that ends soon.  If not, I may have to have Becky, the cat whisperer and quilt friend visit.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment