About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Checking off the weekly goal list!

Remember this list of weekly goals..........

Sewing goals this week:1.  Finish the borders on Jackson's quilt.2.  Make another chicken block.3.  Piece the backing for Jackson's quilt.4.  Measure mom's Saddle Tramp quilt for batting and backing.5.  Measure Jackson's quilt for batting.6.  Get measurements for curtains so I can BUY FABRIC!!!

Well, since there was absolutely nothing on TV last night (State of the Union) and there was a basketball game to listen to on the radio, I got several things on that list finished.

1.  Borders on Jackson's quilt...........

2.  Another chicken joins the flock............

3.  Piece backing for Jackson's quilt................
This garage sale find of plaid flannel became backing last night.  It was only 36" wide so had to be pieced, but I even got the plaids lined up pretty well.  There is still about 4 yards left, so I checked with my sister and she said pillow cases would be nice.  She also approved the quilting pattern and binding, so this is headed to the finish column.  Of course, it's not on my UFO list since I started it this year.

4 & 5.  Backing and battings measured and trimmed!

This means all I have left to do on the list is measure for curtains!  Then I can just play in the sewing room the rest of the week!!!!  Yeah!!!

So should we thank the State of the Union address or the basketball game???  Of course, I should probably give some credit to Pandora for adding the music from The Greatest Showman to my broadway showtunes station.  

We'll see what the rest of the week brings!
Christi

P.S.  I probably moved faster after shutting Jason in the closet so that I could lay out battings and backings without his "help".

No comments:

Post a Comment