About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas Quilting Fun!

We had our quilt guild Christmas party last week.  It was so much fun.  We had an amazing carry-in supper including these cookies.........

Definitely too pretty to eat!


Show and Tell was really good as well.
 Gina's En Provence

 And her roof raising quilt using the 9-patches from our Civil War 9-patch exchange last year.

 My Civil War 9-patches from the exchange.


This is our guild's first charity project for 2018.........ready to be quilted.  Blocks were made from Civil War fabrics by different guild members.  Opportunity tickets will be on sale in February.

 Mary's pumpkin quilt.......the big version of my little wall hanging.

And some other interesting quilt projects she is finishing for Christmas gifts!


So creative!

Our guild plans to do a Block of the Month project in 2018.  I had to select 12 fabrics and a background fabric for it.  Since DD is after me to use more solids, I decided to do a quilt in all solids.  I was having difficulty selecting the fabrics, so turned the choice over to DD and her roommate to make the selections on a finals study break last week.  Here is what they chose.........

The colors from top to bottom are Lemon, Sweet Pink, Lavender, Orangina, Cerulean,
Espresso, Grape, Aqua, Sprout, Cherry, Butter, Candy Pink, and the background will be Parchment.  I volunteered to make sample blocks, so made block 2 last night using lemon, sweet pink, and orangina.  It turned out pretty good!  I won't be able to show pics until we do them next year in the appropriate month.

As always, Cici was on hand to lend support, chase stray spools of thread or pins across the floor, or tear through the house with chains of blocks dangling from her mouth.  

This is my mom's butterfly quilt.  I got it back from the quilter and put the binding on it while watching the Olympic trials of CURLING Sunday afternoon.  There is a new mixed doubles division this year, and since I still don't understand the regular curling, I'm even more in the dark.  Oh well.  It's still fun to watch!

This quilt is going to Lily, my mom's great, great niece.  So glad to get it done so that she can enjoy it!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment