About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Aloha! from Quilt Retreat!!!

So I'm still doing good at one of my New Year's resolutions...........my fabric scraps are getting cut up and stored appropriately, BUT I haven't been blogging like I intended too.  I guess 1 out of 2 isn't bad..............but, I'm hoping for better.

This past weekend was our quilt retreat at Sew Sweet Quilt Shop and retreat center in Brunswick.  It was wonderful.  We tried to think warm thoughts and get lots of sewing done while having amazing fun!

Here is a photo of the grass skirt competition!  There was also a family feud game, strip poker (2.5" fabric strips - I won the pot twice!), door prizes, Hawaiian quilting and freezer paper piecing demonstrations,and lots of great food!

Speaking of great food, I told the Hubs that I would make him a pie for every playoff game the Chiefs played.  Here is the pecan playoff pie I made............

Sadly, I won't be needing to make more playoff pies as they lost.

On a happier note, this lovely machine entered our home last week!  She is a two-tone Singer 404, came with a cabinet for only $25 from a flea market in Branson.  Some friends were there and texted pictures, so I shopped from a photo.  Unfortunately, the photo didn't show just how dirty she was.  She is all cleaned up now and sews beautifully.  Did I NEED another machine........well, this one is in the basement so that I can sew and watch TV, just in time for the Olympics!!!!!  Figure skating, curling, bobsled, luge, can't wait!!!  

This photo only shows Bunny (named for all the dust bunnies she had), not the cabinet.  The cabinet is going to get a paint job soon.  It was solid, but very scratched up, so I'm thinking a pretty blue might be fun!

We also had a quilt guild meeting last week.  I displayed my sample block #2 from our Seeing Stars BOM challenge.

I'm using all the solid colors that Sarah and Paige picked for me.

We also had wonderful show and tell.  Cynthia showed the quilt she made from a Grandpa's old chore coat for one of the grandkids.  She will be making more of these.  

At retreat I worked on several different projects.  I made another Seeing Stars block, did some more homespun blocks for my roof raising quilt, did some of my blocks for the Bonnie Hunter mystery (still have a lot to go there), started sewing blocks for my nephew Jackson's quilt, and I made this winter table topper from my own drawing I did from seeing the idea on Pinterest.

When I got home, the Hubs had put this wood strip up by my cutting table to allow me to hang my rulers.

And a quick update on the family.........
We received a Christmas gift from Yuliya in the Ukraine.  We opened it with her via Skype.

It revealed some wonderful goodies!

DD headed back to school today in the snow.  I think she's ready to get back in the groove.  I will miss her, but I won't have to cook as much!


This little guy is probably going to be lost for a few days without her.  Jason 2.0 has been keeping us all on our toes!  Especially Cici.  I think he is trying to establish dominance in our house.  I'm a little worried that with DD going back to school, no one will be at home to break up the fights!  

Jason 2.0 is truly the little brother (bother), that Cici never wanted.  I guess time will tell if we can handle being a 2 cat household.
Christi


1 comment:

  1. You really did capture CiCi's attitude about Jason 2.0 in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete