About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

PIP!! (projects in progress)

Not as much sewing got done this weekend because we started working on 4-H basket projects

This is Andi.  She is working on a large basket that will have black leather side handles.  We both loved the base which was filled in with filler spokes.
She actually got much further than this, I just didn't get a photo.  We spent quite a lot of time designing the color pattern she will weave up the sides.



Her big sister, Nikki, worked on a smaller basket designed to hold napkins.

She got her basket done to the rim, so will get finished at our next meeting!

Cici also enjoys basket weaving time.


Kaitlyn started this large oval basket with a solid wood base.  It's her first basket and a difficult pattern, so she will have 2-3 more sessions.
It was starting to take a really nice shape by the time she left.

DD was also home this weekend.  My kitchen counter turned into math homework island.  Doesn't that math problem look like fun?  As I was working in the kitchen, I started timing the problems (kinda like labor contractions!) and it was an average of 30 minutes per problem.  There were big cheers when one was solved correctly.

AND, she needs another calculator..........I think she has 4 already.  We looked in Walmart, but they only had the type she needed in pink, so she refused to buy it.  Oh, and she also needs a "special" calculator for a test she is scheduled to take in February.  It's special because it can only have 4 functions - add, subtract, multiply, and divide!  And she didn't have one of those, but I pulled one from a seed company out of a drawer and tossed it to her.

Earlier in the week, the hubs put my sewing room back together after the wall repair and painting was complete.  It's very bright and white and large-looking now.  He told me that I definitely needed to do new curtains as those just faded into the walls now.  So, I'll be making curtains soon - as soon as I shop for fabric!

My parents also visited on Saturday.  Mom brought her Saddle Tramp quilt top for me to see.
Jason was giving it his stamp of approval.  

I made a chicken block last week.  I have another chicken cut up (much nicer than cutting up a chicken in the kitchen) to the left that I want to make this week.  I have decided to do this as my rainbow scrap challenge each month.  January was blue, so I have 2 blue chickens.............because they're blue, maybe they are Peeps!  At the end of the year, I should have a whole flock of chickens in a variety of colors!

This was the t-shirt we received at quilt retreat a couple of weeks ago.  I seem to get more sewing time when I wear it, so I need to pull it out and wear it more.


We noticed that Summer had been limping last week.  DH and I had looked at her paw and couldn't really find anything wrong.  We did put a little peroxide on it just in case.  However, when DD was home, we noticed that it was getting a little more swollen and bloody.  So, we brought her in to soak her paw in some warm water.  She seemed to like it and purred while soaking.............calgon, take me away!  Then we treated it again and gave her a shot for infection.  It seems to be getting better.

Sewing goals this week:
1.  Finish the borders on Jackson's quilt.
2.  Make another chicken block.
3.  Piece the backing for Jackson's quilt.
4.  Measure mom's Saddle Tramp quilt for batting and backing.
5.  Measure Jackson's quilt for batting.
6.  Get measurements for curtains so I can BUY FABRIC!!!
(Isn't it great when buying fabric is one of your goals for the week!)

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment