About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, February 5, 2018

Antique Mall Explorations!

This weekend found us making a trip to KC since the hubs NEEDED something at Northern Tool.  I decided to just turn it into a date and include lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and a stop at the Brass Armadillo Antique Mall on the way home.  

We did make a quick stop at Joanns to look for curtain fabric, but found nothing.  At Northern Tool, I was a good shopper and pushed the cart for him while he looked at all sorts of things after picking up the item we came for.  I practiced lots of patience because I was waiting for that antique mall stop and wanted to make sure I was allowed plenty of time there.  Of course, I was informed that I didn't need any more sewing machines no matter how fantastic they were or how cheap.  

I was amazed to find so many new things that hadn't been there the first time we stopped.  Of course, I was on the lookout for this guy:


Yes, the Pope was still there.  But the beautiful Singer Featherweight he had been guarding was gone.  The Pope has some company now though.




For someone wishing to start their own old time gas station, there were several vintage pumps available.



I didn't find as many sewing machines as before, and what I did find weren't any very good condition.





This last one I had to uncover and while I liked her, she didn't make me have the desire to purchase.  I don't have a crinkle finish machine though...........yet!

I did find some beautiful old quilts.

I loved this blue bow tie...........

And this with the appliqued flowers.............

This one had some interesting appliques on it................

And this one had an embroidered state flower for all 50 states.  It was gorgeous!

This iron made me think of the Oliso Pro Iron that pops up when you don't use it so that you don't have to set it on end.  I wonder when they stopped making stands for your iron and just said, set it up on end!

Some interesting yard art.............




And some other "art"............

Stapler anyone????

And I had to capture some photos for DD.............Star Wars!


So what did I purchase..........

Potato Mashers!  These make an excellent handle for a basket.  All were in good condition and had nice handles.  And DH found some items that he NEEDED as well.  It was a good small haul and a fun date!

I have been putting binding on a couple of small projects this week.  I did get the curtain measurements done and will look for fabric again tomorrow in Columbia when I'm there for the Missouri Pork Expo.  

I also finished some flying geese units for my guild's opportunity quilt this year.  


And, I checked another quilt off the UFO list..........my kitchen sink quilt!  No, I didn't get a quilt done, I just boxed up the orphan blocks and mailed them to Aunt Judy.  Hopefully she will get some fun projects out of them.  Can't wait to see what she comes up with!
Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment