About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Bricks in the Barnyard.........and so much more!

I'm so excited that Bricks in the Barnyard is finished!
I started this at our Bonnie Hunter workshop last September and it is now totally completed!  I backed it with flannel to make it a nice throw possibly for one of the nephews for Christmas.  I love how planned it looks and I got rid of so many scraps!  
We went to visit my parents this week and stopped at Jamesport (Amish community) on the way.  We visited the bulk foods store and picked up a few things, and the fabric barn (didn't find anything), and then we saw these wonderful FREE items!
6-Week old puppies, a boy and a girl, part red heeler and rat terrier.  So fun to cuddle.....really soft!  But not to keep.  
Upon arriving at my parents, we ate lunch and started on many projects.  I helped Mom use some leftovers from a quilt top she had just finished to create another small quilt.  We got half the blocks done before I left.  I also helped her baste a big quilt that will be her winter hand-quilting project and a smaller quilt that she wants to machine quilt.
We worked in the basement where it was nice and cool and when one of those "personal summers" came over me, I just laid down on the nice cold concrete!  Wonderful!
I also helped break green beans and gathered the eggs!
We had pizza and played cards in the evening. 

 DD enjoyed some quiet time with "Harry" (they have a cat name "Sally" too, and they've met!) and managed to get an entire book read.  My mom loaned me a couple of books in a series by Earlene Fowler called Fool's Puzzle and Irish Chain.  They are mysteries with a quilt motif.  Haven't started reading yet, but want to soon.
My Dad and DH worked on the railing for the front porch.  Of course, they got it started and then realized they had some incorrect parts so had to make a trip back to Home Depot.

The finished project looks great!
I also took a picture of the quilt I gave my dad for Christmas.  It hangs at the bottom of the stairs.
We left in the afternoon the second day and made a stop in Hamilton on the way home.  Grandpa had given DD some cash to get her and DH ice cream at J's Burger Dive while I shopped for fabric.  I bought the fabric I needed to go with my 4-patches from our guild exchange to make Happily Scrappily Irish, a Bonnie Hunter quilt.  Hamilton is home of Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I picked a cream from the Downtown Abbey collection.  They have a golden star scratch game going, and the lady in front of me won a fat quarter bundle.  My luck wasn't quite that good.  I also bought some striped fabric to try one of the tutorials I had seen early in the summer.  I also saw this quilt hanging in one of the shops.
Love the barns!  I did get my fabric cut for my 4-patch quilt so that I can take it to a friend's house to work on next week.  My mom had 3 quilt tops finished that she sent with me to have machine quilted (she also sent the bindings, should I feel so inclined!).  

Well off for some supper................DH is doing stir fry!  Yum!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment