About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Getting Round To It ............with friends!

I got to spend some quality time in the sewing room yesterday..........with company!  DD had another rare day off work and we really didn't have anything scheduled to do!  So I was up in my sewing room and was soon joined by 3 other girls............




My cutting table got a little crowded.  Good thing I was cutting small pieces!  DD was working on duct tape projects and the kittens were just watching all the moving things in awe and wonder.  We actually forgot they were there and left them unattended on the cutting table while we were outside and came back to find this.........

The basket of scraps made a nice place for a nap!

So let me get Round To Telling you what I was working on.  In our quilt guild, we have these 2 little round plastic plates that are called "Tuits".  When you take one home at a meeting, you have to bring it back next month and show what you got "round to" doing.  This was the first one I have taken, and chose a mini wall hanging that I had the pattern and fabric for, but had never gotten round to starting.  My goal is to have it all pieced at the August meeting.  These fabrics are a little different for me, and the pieces are small (even smaller than the little red snowman wall hanging which had 1" squares).  I won't be making any bonus half square triangles from the 7/8" squares!  Here are the blocks all finished!
This seemed like the cheapest and most space-saving way to add 6 sewing machines to my sewing room!  I love the sewing machine blocks, but the spool blocks were a little tedious.  The seams don't always match perfectly in those, and I even ripped one out.  I'm not sure how it could have gotten so far off with such little seams, but it looked a little like there had been "drinking while sewing" going on (there wasn't, it just looked that way!).  In looking at the picture now, I think I may have to play with the arrangement a little.  

Later, my DH joined DD at the cutting table with the kittens and they were making little balls of duct tape to let the kittens bat across the table.  Of course, the most fun was watching the kittens try to shake a sticky ball off their paw!  

Probably not going to sew too much today as I need to finish putting sweet corn in the freezer.  Tomorrow is a shopping day with DD, so I may have a "Sewing Sunday" afternoon!
Christi

1 comment: