About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Leaders and Enders!

I was so excited when Bonnie Hunter posted her new Leader and Ender Challenge today!  I had just finished binding my Leader and Ender Tumbler Quilt.  Mary D. did an awesome job machine quilting it for me.


I used Christmas scraps for my 2.5 inch tumblers.  There are 924 tumblers in this quilt and it's not that big - throw sized.  I also did a few patriotic tumblers and made this table runner which I donated to my church's silent auction in June.
At one point, I thought I wouldn't do the Leader & Ender project this year, but when I found out it was hour glass blocks, and I need some for a quilt, well, I started looking around my sewing room for the hidden camera that Bonnie must be using to spy on me and see what I'm working on!  But, I'm definitely thrilled with the project.  I already made a practice block.
The red/yellow Rudolph fabric is my practice hourglass.  It came out the perfect size to go with the little red/tan 9-patch blocks I am making for a guild exchange.  I found the pattern in a magazine and it alternated 9-patches and hour glass blocks.  These measure 3.5 inches and will finish at 3 inches.  Now I'm debating what colors to use for my hour glass blocks (definitely not using the Rudolph fabric).  Any thoughts?
I put one of my empty project boxes to use this morning.........I received 264 four patches made from 2-inch squares in our most recent guild exchange.  I'm planning to use them in Bonnie Hunter's Happily Scrappily Irish quilt that is her Leaders and Enders book.  I had to cut another 594 dark 2-inch squares and got that accomplished this morning, so now I NEED to go shopping for the cream fabric.

It's been too hot to do much but stay inside today.  I have also been putting sweet corn in the freezer a little at a time.
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment