About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Look what all that rain did!

My driveway and house are currently surrounded by corn on all sides...........

"The corn is as high as an elephant's eye..........and it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky."  That's from the musical Oklahoma", the first musical I ever saw.  We are headed to the Lyceum later this week to see 1776.  Can't wait!


All that rain has just made the corn look wonderful.  I told my DH that with all the corn leaves extended out there, it makes me feel like I'm at a kid's ball game and we should line up with our hands out and go down the driveway slapping the leaves, saying, "Good Game, Good Game, Good Game" like they do at the end of the game.  I have pictures of DD when she was little wearing her t-ball uniform standing at the edge of the corn............."Field of Dreams"????  She thinks it's more "Children of the Corn".  

I've been spending this hot weather INSIDE working on finishing up some quilting projects.  I'm getting backings and battings together for things to be quilted.  In the process, I headed to the closet where the batting gets stored and found a brand new queen-sized batt, and a bag stuffed full and overflowing of batting scraps.  Since all of my projects were smaller, I reluctantly put the nice, new, neat batting back and pulled out the scraps.  What a mess!  I decided I would never use them unless I did some organizing, so spent some time straightening them out and then started working to sew them together to make larger pieces.  The sewing is done and before I fold them and put them away neatly, I have a set of placemats that are coming up to batt (ok, maybe I've overused the ballgame analogies), so I'll get those ready for quilting too.  That's a project I would love to be finished with.  They were supposed to be for my sister for Christmas LAST year, so now I'm ahead of the game for this year.............Christmas in July!!!!!  Yeah!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment