About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Rabbits and Kittens and Quilts, Oh my!

Well, County Fair Week is over!  The projects are back home and mostly put away, the rabbits are back in their cages, and all is well.  The DD took 15 projects, got all blue ribbons, and 8 were selected for state.  She also had the grand champion meat pen of rabbits and won senior showmanship.
Aren't they cute!  Of course, when we were trying to pick 3 who were identical in body type and weight to have a uniform pen, I had to wonder why we always have 2 pair when we need 3 of a kind!  It's such a gamble!



We have also spent some time playing with these 2 little girls (just recently discovered they were both girls, so some name adjustments are in the works!).

Also had a quilt guild meeting this week where I was installed as secretary, so now I have to really pay attention at the meetings!  We presented our Quilts of Valor at this meeting.  Here is the quilt I helped with.........
And I got my Seven Fancy Sisters table topper done - quilted by ME!

There were a few others shown at the meeting...........
And this is Smith Mountain Morning, which was started at our Bonnie Hunter event last fall...
I was also able to squeeze in a trip to a produce market.............didn't buy much because it went high, but it was fun to look!
 Chanterelle Mushrooms.......
 Tomatoes.........
Blackberries............
And more...........
The best part was meeting my aunt, cousin, and her friend there and then having lunch together!
And yesterday afternoon, I made dill pickles for my mother-in-law.
Hoping to spend more time sewing and blogging this week!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment