About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summer Heat!

I think we scored some record temperatures yesterday!  At least for this early in the summer.  I'd be happy if yesterday was the hottest day of the summer.  DD was playing violin for our neighbor's wedding, so our day was taken up with a hair appointment, wedding, and reception.  

Here is my daughter with the bride at the rehearsal "I Do BBQ" Friday evening.


The bride made quilted table runners for each of her attendants.  I had shopped with her at Missouri Star in Hamilton to select fabrics.


The wedding Hair!


Before we left for the wedding yesterday afternoon, we dug out the kiddie pool and filled it, and Magic stepped right in!  

It was a beautiful wedding, if a little warm.  The reception was wonderful.  A beautiful antique wedding ring quilt made be the bride's grandmother was used as the backdrop for the wedding cake (made by The Cake Lady in Sedalia..........delicious cake!)



And the groom's cake............


We, being good neighbors, came home in between events, changed clothes, and went to the neighbors to feed and water their rabbits (approximately 100).  Rabbits really prefer temperatures to be around 60 degrees, so we had to take a couple of the really stressed ones in the house.  We went back later in the evening to put them back in their cages in the barn.


No comments:

Post a Comment