About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Hot, Hot, Hot!

Can't believe how hot it is this afternoon.  I managed to stay inside as much as possible, only ventured out to check on DD's rabbits.  I did make a trip to Walmart for groceries and decided that peach salsa sounded good, so picked up stuff for that.  DH helped do the chopping and dicing (he thinks is an Iron Chef).  


Peach Salsa
15 oz can peaches, drained and chopped
6-9 roma tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
3 green onions, diced
fresh cilantro to taste, we like lots
1 1/2 T. oil
1 T. honey
juice and zest from 1 lime

Mix it all together and serve with tortilla chips.  It's a great refreshing and cool recipe for summer.

I helped a 4-H'er finish a basket this morning, and did some work in my sewing room.  I'm working on finishing the blocks for a curved log cabin quilt from one of The Block Books by Missouri Star Quilt Company.  No pictures yet.

The most interesting thing of the day was probably the gift of deer antlers.  A gentleman dropped off a five gallon bucket of shed deer antlers from South Dakota.  You can use a deer antler as the handle for a rib basket.  No two are ever alike.  None of the antlers was extremely large which makes them perfect for weaving.  

I also got an email with a picture of one of my nephews showing off the 36" fish he caught on a fishing trip to Canada.

He's obviously spending way more time fishing than combing his hair!  I'm sure he's having fun though and enjoying much better temperatures than here.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment