About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Fabric Folding 101

I know it's been awhile since I blogged, but I have been busy (washing a few windows) cleaning up my fabric stash.  

At our May guild meeting, Gina gave a presentation on organizing your fabric stash with lots of tips and tricks.  Doesn't it look great!  And I discovered some fabrics in the stash that I was really excited to use, but they had gotten covered up and forgotten about.  My new basket on the top is holding the pieces I still need to cut into strips and squares.  I have an abundance of 2.5 inch strips and squares now, so am on the lookout for patterns using 2.5 inch strips and squares that can be scrappy.  There is just such an amazing feeling about making something beautiful from scraps!  The Hubs didn't think I had very much fabric when it was all folded up and organized.  I don't know if he was commenting on the messy way things were stored before or that I probably needed to be getting some more fabric for my stash, but I'm going to go with the latter idea.

On Saturday, my guild had a workshop with Kelly Ashton.  We used her templates to make the Seven Fancy Sisters table topper using set-in seams.  It was a lot of fun!
This is my table partner, Gina at work marking her dots!

Joyce shows the proper and improper ways to piece a star!
Fran decided she was sewing for Madonna!  Notice the pointy "bra"-type star she created!
Here are 3 of my stars.  I spent some time ripping when I had trouble connecting the stars.  I'm proud to say that my top is almost finished!

This sight greeted me this morning as these two had obviously spent the night curled up on the grill on the deck.  I even took this picture through the screen and window so as not to disturb the sleeping beauties.  Guess that window washing really paid off!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment