About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Quilt Work Day Fun!

Went to my guild's quilt work day on Saturday and had a great time (minus the intrusion of the snake, but that's another story).  I will admit to being exhausted when I got home, but attribute that to the very early morning...........I had gotten up quite early with my DD to get her to the school to meet up with the group traveling to Louisville, KY for National SkillsUSA.  She will be there all week.

I worked on sewing my Curved Log Cabin blocks together and got the first border on as well.  Here is the photo when they were laid out on the floor before being sewn together.




I started with a jelly roll and a honey bun, and had to purchase some yardage (twice) to get the blocks finished.  The first border is on now, and I am going to have to piece the second border to have enough fabric.  I was very upset with this pattern because I was short so much fabric, but have now realized that I put an extra log all the way around on each block.  I had started it over a year ago, and obviously forgot part of the plan for the fabrics.  It wasn't intended to look so Christmasy either.  I think this will change when I get the final border on.  I'll post another picture then.

There were a couple of other quilts on Saturday that I got pics of.........

 This is Mary's quilt.  I love the light spring feel to it.  She's going to quilt it and give it as a gift.  We all got to give our opinions about her choices of border fabrics.


 This is Pam's quilt.  We did a fall colored nine patch exchange in guild last year, and this is her quilt top.  She pieced it by hand!  I had fun looking at it and picking out my blocks!  Can't wait to see it quilted.

After a nap when I got home Saturday, my DH fixed supper (spaghetti) and then we went to the neighbors to take care of the rabbits and other pets, and pick the black raspberries, blackberries, and red raspberries.


This is my favorite rabbit of the 110+.  He is also probably the largest at probably 10-12lbs.  I call him Ben.  He loves to be petted whenever I open his cage to feed him.  I think I'm going to fix a "change of address" form for him and let him move in here.  
This is my DH's favorite cage of rabbits.  Someone is always sitting in the feeder, sometimes more than one.  There are actually about 9 of these in the cage with their mother.  Don't you feel sorry for her?  You know one of them is always wanting to nurse.

I had forgotten just how fun all the thorns on raspberry bushes can be.  I'm pretty sure that THORN is a 4-letter word (consider the TH as a unit since it combines to make the sound).  Just like HEAT is a 4-letter word.  We came home with black raspberries, a few blackberries, and DH was very considerate and just ate all the red raspberries that were ready so that I wouldn't have to get another carton dirty.
My parents came for a visit today for Father's Day, and my mom helped me make jelly.  We had the unique experience of having one of the jars blow it's sealed lid and ring off and splattering us with jelly.  I should be embarrassed by this, but when I licked it off my hands and arms (and shirt), it was delicious!  
I let my mom take most of it home to share with my nephews who love it (and mom makes awesome homemade rolls to go with it).  I made sure she got the "atomic" jar since I was sure I didn't want any more explosions in my pantry.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment