About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, September 25, 2022

It's a Finish!

Star Junction


It's finally finished!  (and here it is, Sunday game day again and I don't have anything to bind!)  It's great to have this one finished.  My quilt holder is in the field, so I had to resort to the clothes line for the photo op.


My clothes lines really needed tightening.  (after seeing these photos, the hubs took care of it).


The clothes line is out behind the shed by the apple trees.  See all those gorgeous Granny Smith apples!  And that cute, clean and fluffy, puppy!  Willow and Kenzie both got baths last week.  And as washing something that's really dirty (like windows and cars) will do, it did bring on the rain.


It rained most of the day on Friday.  This is how Willow spent the day.  


I love to spend a rainy day sewing, but had to deal with these instead.  I have put enough tomato sauce in the freezer that I won't be purchasing it for at least a year.  And this was the harvest AFTER David pulled half my plants.


Since the hubs couldn't be in the field Saturday afternoon because of the rain, he picked the apples.  


There are 4 buckets of Jonathans and the rest are Granny Smith.  (There's one bucket missing from the photo and he says there are about 5 buckets worth left on the Granny Smith tree.)


Willow's rainy day inside was not without treats!  She got one of her frozen baby food treat jars and that made her day.

I did make it to the sewing room on Saturday.  This is Mom's Pixel Chain quilt.  (Remember, mine is still in blocks, not even sewn together yet.)


I did use most of the 2 1/2" squares in my box to make some 64-patches.  I'm renaming them 4-Patch Cubed.  At first I started with 1 1/2" squares and made 4 of those.  Then decided to sew them together to make a block the same size as the 2 1/2" blocks.  These will finish at 16" in a quilt, and I do have an idea about how to set them together.  I need at least 4-7 more of them though, so am going to wait to make some more when I have more scrap squares to use up.  


 You'll just have to wait and see how this one turns out!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment