About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Boots!

Boots has been hanging around the patio again.  You may remember that Boots and his brothers, Charlie and Wicket, arrived at our house in the late spring of 2020.  They were such sweet little kittens!

Wicket

Charlie

Boots

We had so much fun with them that summer.

And then............ Willow arrived.  And the kitties were bigger than this sweet little puppy.


They played together


But Willow grew much faster than the kitties, and the "playing" changed.  Eventually, the kitties left the deck and patio and spent most of their time at the perimeter of the yard.  David would report seeing one of them in the trees down by the hog barn, always just on the perimeter and away from Willow.  

Well, for the last couple of weeks, Boots has been on the patio every morning waiting to be petted and loved.  Willow still tries to give chase, but Boots is holding his own.  Hasn't he grown into a handsome cat?



Meanwhile, back in the sewing room, this same quilt has been on the longarm for over a week.

I was so proud of Esme for staying off of it until I spotted the batting hanging..........

And as I worked on it and rolled it up even further, I realized that she had created big holes to jump through.  I'm blaming Esme, although Cici might have helped.  Fortunately, I didn't need that section of batting and was just planning to trim it off to use in another project.



I am happy to report that it is finally off the longarm and in the hand binding stage.  The excitement at finally getting it off the machine.............


So much support in the sewing room!  I also finished all the blocks for my pixel chain quilt.  I (what was I thinking?) decided to make mine queen sized, and making the blocks took forever.  This was a sew-along with Sew Sweet Quilt Shop.  It's been fun seeing all the color combos of the same pattern.

And of course, we have been watching the Chiefs.  It had been my goal to have that quilt off the longarm in time to bind during the first game, and when that didn't happen, my goal was to have it ready for Thursday night's game.  That didn't happen either, so now it's ready for TV time this week.  I'm looking forward to the return of some shows I like to watch.

I did put together some cream cheese and bacon stuffed mushrooms to eat during the Thursday night game.  That game sort of snuck up on me and I didn't have much planned for snacking, so pulled out odds and ends and came up with this and some other leftovers.

Stuffed mushrooms for the Win!

Between piano students, work, tomatoes, etc.  life has been very busy.  David did harvest a couple of days, but is waiting again now.  Monday is pig weighing day, so I have to have food ready for the help.  I did make the decision to quit my job at the community center and museum at the end of the month.  Of course, they talked me into doing some of the bookkeeping on a contract basis for the remainder of the year, but I won't have to put in regular hours on Mondays and Tuesdays anymore, so hopefully that will leave some more time for sewing and quilting.

Christi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment