About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Long Labor Day Weekend!

We left bright and early on Saturday for Bethany for a family reunion of sorts.  I took this photo since we traveled in the truck and I thought it was sort of like the Clampetts go to Bethany!  

We surprised my dad with a new windmill for the farm.  David salvaged and repaired the top from his old windmill and constructed a new base.  It looked very pretty spinning in the breeze all weekend. 

We also took some apples to contribute the the cider making project.  It was early so the apples weren't overly juicy yet, but we did get 9 half gallon jugs.

When we returned home, Willow wanted us to know that it was time to start harvest.

Grandma Barber had made her some frozen treat jars.  


She spent quite a lot of time licking out her treat.  

And Sarah's cat adoption saga continues.  She has now given up on the St. Louis area and sent me to the shelter in Marshall last Friday.  She fell in love with this picture of Snickerdoodle.  We are hoping that Snickerdoodle will pass her feline disease tests and get her surgery and vaccinations this week so that she can officially become Sarah's roommate this weekend.

And David made me a rolling stand for quilt batting.  I had seen these at the retreat I attended and took photos to show him.  His response - "But you always roll yours out on the floor and crawl around to measure and cut it!"  My response - "Wouldn't it be nice to NOT crawl around on the floor?"

And then, my prayers were answered at the church garage sale last week.  I purchased a really old but very sturdy (not like the ones they make these days) office chair for ONE DOLLAR!  I proudly brought my purchase home to him for the project.  What a bargain!  Quilters never pass up a bargain like that!  


 A farmer, on the other hand, then goes out and spends $50 on stuff to make the stand.  So, my bargain is not quite so much of a bargain anymore, but I love it.  I have it stored in Sarah's closet, right close to my sewing room.  And, all of the animals you see in the first photo have promised not to play with the batting..........and I can close the door to the closet to keep Cici and Esme from playing with it.  

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment