About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, September 12, 2022

We're too old for kittens!

 

Remember this cutie?  I picked her up from the shelter on Friday afternoon.  She had had her "surgery", vaccinations, and passed her feline disease tests on Wednesday.  We had plans to meet Sarah on Saturday morning to deliver what had to be the world's cutest kitty to her new best friend and caretaker.  

Can we just say.........explored EVERYTHING!  No corner was left untouched, so I consider the house cobweb free now.


She totally loved being held, cuddled, and rubbed.  This upset Esme quite a lot.

Cici also showed concern about the love and attention being paid to the little interloper.

Of course, all this exploring, loving, and attention seeking effort was exhausting.

Now to explore the many ways to nap...........


Unfortunately, when it was time to go to bed, NAPPING was out of the question.  Finally, at 20 minutes to midnight, the hubster plopped her on me and said, "Get rid of this thing."  I took her out (purring all the way) to the bathroom on the back porch and shut her in there with her food, water, litter box, and a couple of stuffed toys for snuggling.  I didn't hear a peep out of her.  When I opened the door the next morning, I didn't see her anywhere on the floor.

There she is..........in the box of towels on the wall.  Note that this box is at my eye level, she must be quite a jumper.  


I think she was a little concerned about the leap down to the floor.  

She seemed happy enough to get back in the carrier for her rendezvous with Sarah.  We met in a parking lot, so my pictures of their meeting are all inside the car.


Both girls seemed very happy to be together.

Sarah sent photos from her apartment.  The kitty is now called Lara and is a city cat.

Sarah says it is really different being the total center of someone's universe.  Lara keeps close to her at all times and snuggled in the bed under the covers with her at night.


I think they have made a good match.


Cici and Esme seemed to be happier when we came home with an empty cat carrier.  I don't know what they will think when Sarah and Lara come to visit for the holidays.  It could be interesting.  

Christi



No comments:

Post a Comment