About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year..............late!


Merry Christmas!  This photo was from my parents' house in Bethany.  We took Willow with us again this year.  I think she and Tucker, my sister's dog, wore each other out.  


The puppies posed with Jackson and his girlfriend, Carmyn, just like last year.........


One of the four has grown a lot since last Christmas...........probably why Carmyn didn't hold her this year, but they posed on the couch instead.


David had a quilt block made for the garage for my Christmas gift.  It is the Watermill block, for our address, Watermill Road.


On New Year's Day, I played along with the Merry Mayhem Mystery.  Our guild was going to get together to sew that day, but ice kept us all at home.  Here is a photo of my first clue.


And the second and third clues...........

A break for some homemade pizza for lunch........

I was a little disappointed in the mystery as I realized I had made these blocks before.......... This is Jackson's high school graduation quilt that I pieced and my mom hand quilted several years ago.  This version is Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Mountain Majesties.

I did a different layout with my blocks this time.

Esme had to do some block surfing...........


She was exhausted from the block surfing and spent the next afternoon napping while I sewed the blocks together.  It still needs some borders.

I also got this Dauphin Island quilt put together.  It is a graduation gift for Jackson's girlfriend, Carmyn.  I still need to find backing for it.  And then get it quilted.  My January goal was to get several of the things in the TBQ (to be quilted) closet quilted so that I could have lots of hand binding to do while watching the olympics in February.  So far, I have one quilt quilted.  


I'm also going to try to get back to some more regular blogging.

Christi



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment