About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Spoolin' and 2021 Quilt Stats

 So many people have posted their quilting "stats" for 2021, so I thought I'd join in.  I had 19 projects on my UFO list at the beginning of 2021.  All but 3 were totally finished, so I carried 3 over to 2022.  My 2022 UFO list has 15 things on it, 3 that were carried over and 12 that were started but not completed in the same year.  In 2021, I started 38 new projects and I finished 26 of them!  So, I am starting 2022 with fewer UFO's than I did in 2021.  Yeah!  

Of the 15 UFO's, 5 were hanging in the TBQ closet waiting to be quilted at the beginning of the year.  And, as of this post, 3 of those have been quilted, and one more project has moved to the TBQ closet.  Two new projects have been started and one of those is also hanging in the TBQ closet.  So, the year is off to a good start.  

One of the projects in the TBQ closet is my spool quilt.  

This was a guild exchange and we showed our spool tops at the January meeting.  (a couple people missed the meeting, so showed theirs on our guild facebook page)  

Below is Carrie's..........she claimed there was a top and bottom and had a time figuring out which way she wanted it photographed!  After that, the whole top/bottom thing became a lot of fun with each quilt.


Judy put together 4 spools and I think she plans to hang it in her sewing room.


This was Beth's quilt..........


And Karen got a little crazy and turned some on their sides.


And Becky added a colorful border to hers.


And some other things I really liked from show and tell at our meeting..........

Mary's wall hanging.


Becky's cardinal.........


And Judy's cat wall hanging......

I probably won't be posting any more this week.  Sickness seems to have hit everywhere, schools are closed, all of my piano students have canceled.  So we are taking off and heading north to the University of Northern Iowa for a 2-day indoor track meet to see my nephew compete in the heptathlon.  I know, how crazy to head to northern Iowa in January.......we should be going someplace warm.  Oh well.  

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment